having fun & making fun with photos & photoshop, artsy friends & inspirations!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

my mom, the model






It wasn't until she's 52, standing tall at 5'2, that my mom landed on the glossy pages of a magazine.

The best thing about it is that, its just not any magazine - it's the Working Mom magazine, under abs-cbn publishing house.
And she isn't there just because she's pretty, but because she's an exemplary figure of a mom and a business woman as well.

supermodelmom


I couldn't have been more proud :)



When I showed the picture of my mom to my office mates (from different nationalities) - proudly touting it as my new desktop - one of them can't help but say that my mom is prettier than me. And for that I have to agree. Even as far back as I could remember, people would always thought of us as sisters as she managed to look quite younger than her age and I mange to pull a mature look for my age.

Her secret?

Its simple.

 She has got to be the person I know the most that will fit the local idiom mababaw ang kaligayahan.
She laughs easily.
It is with this carefree, happy, generous and child-like spirit that she thrived in a networking business that almost always relies on the success of other people for her own success.

supermodel (2)


Though I've seen my mom cry all too often (which just breaks my heart), she generally keeps an optimistic disposition, with a huge faith on what the good lord has in store for her and her family.
Her discipline combined with her spirit made her as successfull as she is now :)

supermodel (3)




But among her many achievements in life, she would always insist, that her greatest reward in life is our little, unruly family :)

supermodel (4)


supermodel (6)


While I was growing up in an all-girl's school, and eventually in the university, I would always wonder why I never found the need for a 'bestfriend' or 'boyfriend' or 'bff' or something like that.

I have grown to realize that my mom is the bestfriend and sister that I never had.

supermodel (5)









Sometimes, I just wish that I can be more like my mom...

But as hard as I try, there's just no one like her.

supermodelmommy




For my mom, the princess and the queen :)

supermodel




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wowzio Photo Gallery

Traffic Feed